Adur Green Party Vision & Policies
Imagine a planet protected from the threat of climate change now and for the generations to come.
Imagine a political system that puts people first.
Imagine an economy that gives everyone their fair share.
Imagine a society capable of supporting everyone’s needs.
That’s the world we want to create and we believe we have the means to do it.
The Adur Green Party is committed to:
Standing up to ensure that the residents of Adur have their basic rights and needs respected and protected
- Work hard with partners and communities to end the scourge of social isolation and loneliness in Adur.
- Confront hate crime, exclusion and discrimination within our communities.
- Work hard to bring jobs into Adur for the benefit of all our residents by supporting the County Council’s local growth plans.
- Promote the best interests of Adur’s residents among local decision-makers such as the County Council, District Council, NHS and police.
- Lobby for the provision and protection of safe spaces for young people where they can learn, grow, socialise and enjoy.
- Support initiatives which ensure the ongoing health and independence of our residents.
Protecting the natural environment of Adur – now, and for the future
- Stand up for our local green spaces and lobby for their protection.
- Work hard to increase the availability of renewable energy for Adur’s households and support initiatives which make this possible.
- Promote the use of clean, sustainable transport across Adur.
- Lobby local decision-makers to improve cycling and pedestrian facilities across the district.
Ensuring that housing, planning and other important decisions fully involve local residents and make fair, sustainable judgements
- Lobby local decision-makers including Adur District Council to ensure that future planning decisions on housing developments are suitable, sustainable, and minimise impacts on local residents.
- Continue the fight for better public transport in Adur.
- Campaign for a long-term solution to concerns about congestion and the A27 through Adur.
- Oppose developments on flood plains in Adur.
Support Adur Green Party
If you share our values and like our vision, please help us shape our future.